- Areas of specialty:
Philosophy of Mind, Metaphysics, Brentano
- Areas of competence:
Metaethics, Philosophy of Language, Cognitive Science, Early Modern Philosophy, Epistemology
- Areas of interest: Normative Ethics, Applied Ethics, Metaphilosophy, 20th-Century Philosophy
- Ph.D., Brown University
(1998-2003); dissertation: “Conscious Content” (advisor: Jaegwon Kim)
- M.A., Hebrew University of
- B.A., Tel Aviv University
- Mind and Reality in Brentano's Philosophical System. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, forthcoming.
Varieties of Consciousness. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, 2015.
Sources of Intentionality. Oxford
and New York: Oxford University Press, 2011.
Consciousness: A Self-Representational Theory. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009.
Edited books and journal issues
- Oxford Handbook of the Philosophy of Consciousness. Forthcoming with Oxford University Press.
- Routledge Handbook of Brentano and the Brentano School. Forthcoming with Routledge.
Special Issue of The Monist, April 2017.
Controversies in Philosophy of Mind. London and New York:
and New York: Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Phenomenal Intentionality
Past and Present. Special Issue of Phenomenology
and the Cognitive Sciences 12, 2013.
- Intentionality and Phenomenal
Special Issue of The Monist, April 2008. (Co-edited with Terry Horgan.)
- Moral Phenomenology. Special
Issue of Phenomenology and the Cognitive
Sciences 8, 2007.
Approaches to Consciousness. MIT Press/Bradford Books, 2006. (Co-edited with
and Self-Representation: A Symposium. Psyche, 2006.
Thing: Brentano’s Reism as Truthmaker Nominalism. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 91 (2015): 153-180.
the Present. Analysis 75 (2015): 407-413.
Challenge of Revisionary Metaphysics. Philosophers’
(June 2013): 1-30.
Phenomenal Intentionality Research Program. In U. Kriegel (ed.), Phenomenal
(pp. 1-26). Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press (2013).
Motivation, Moral Phenomenology, and the Alief/Belief Distinction. Australasian
Journal of Philosophy 90 (2012): 469-486.
and Phenomenology. Philosophical Studies 143 (2009): 357-381.
Inexistence and Phenomenal Intentionality. Philosophical Perspectives
21 (2007): 307-340.
Subjective Character. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 71
Intentionality Dependent upon Consciousness? Philosophical Studies
116 (2003): 271-30.
as Intransitive Self-Consciousness: Two Views and an Argument. Canadian Journal of Philosophy 33 (2003): 103-132.